Monday, January 19, 2015

It's Hard To Say Goodbye To a Pet

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10


My heart is aching tonight as we said goodbye to our sweet "Sassy" cat.  She has been a part of our family for 18 years and it is very difficult to know she is no longer with us.  She has been the best cat for our family and we will miss her very much!  She died in the arms of Mr. Hubby while our dog and other cats sat in the room with her.  It was as if the other pets knew what was going on.  She was surrounded by everyone that loved her and we could not have asked for a more peaceful way for her to go.  She will forever be in our hearts!



This was Sassy on Saturday.  She was very weak and we tried to pamper her all day.  She sat on the screen porch with the warm sun shining in on her, she walked in the yard, and we held her a lot and told her how much we loved her!!



This was Sassy on Christmas Eve, she loved Christmas as much as everyone.  She liked to be in the middle of everything when we opened presents. 


This little book reminds me of how God is taking care of her right now!  If you have pets, then you must have this book.  They have one called Dog Heaven.  

No comments:

Post a Comment